Astaxanthin today’s rock star skincare ingredient, is a power bomb antioxidant when it comes to skin. Research suggests its much more potent with antioxidants than Vitamin C and Vitamin E. It reduces cell damage and inflammation as well as protecting against UV induced pigmentation.
Astaxanthin for Skin Care
Astaxanthin is a carotenoid, or a pigment that colors many plants and animals. It is found in salmon, shrimp, crabs, krill and other seafood. In humans it is found in the retina, skin and blood.
Astaxanthin has been shown to provide benefits for skin cells, including reducing the appearance of wrinkles and improving skin elasticity. The anti-inflammatory properties of astaxanthin may also help improve the appearance of skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
The Benefits of Using Astaxanthin in Your Daily Skin Care Routine
The benefits of using astaxathin in your daily skin care routine are plentiful.
- It is a powerful antioxidant that can help to protect the skin from signs of aging and damage.
- It also helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, making it a great ingredient for anti-aging products.
- In addition, it is a natural moisturizer that can make dry skin look and feel better.
- It’s also great for sensitive skin because it is hypoallergenic and doesn’t have any fragrances or dyes that might irritate the skin.
Recommended Skin Care Products with Astaxanthin
Swaying Butterfly Super Serum (Shop)
The National Institute of Aging (NIH) have shown Super Serum to have the highest conversion rate of free radicals, when applied daily.
Our clients saw an 84% improvement in 7 days in skin hydration, sun damage, reduction in irritations and redness, hormonal acne, and elasticity.
- Micro Algae Astaxanthin Antioxidant (6000 x more effective than vitamin C)
- Ergothioneine Amino Acids + Antioxidant derived from naturally sourced mushrooms
- Lipochroman-6 anti-inflammatory brightening agents that promote new energized radiant skin
Shop Swaying Butterfly Skin Care Products.